Search for at
CKS-Gaming Advanced Search

CKS Planetside Outfit Needs New Members!!!
Aelfathi
Enforcer

canada.png

Warning ! CKS Planetside Outfit Needs New Members!!! Posted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 5:01 am Reply with quote

Our Planetside 2 outfit has been lacking in activity recently. As a bit of history, there was a strong interest in Planetside 2 from the CKS community during the beta and in the early stages of the full release of the game. During beta our faction (NC) was overpowered to say the least. On the full release of PS2 NC took a major nerf to overall weapon performance and warp-gate locations. This resulted in many of the active PS2 members expressing the desire to change factions. Given that community members had spent money in the in-game store the decision was made to stay with the NC. It is after this decision that there was a massive decline in CKS community activity in PS2.

Why is this important?

SOE has since corrected and rebalanced the factions and has relocated some of the warpgates giving the NC more balanced spawn locations when compared to the other factions. In fact the NC are performing on par with the TR and VS. Our server selection has also proven to be a wise decision. Miller, unlike other servers, has not been merged with other servers as the total player population has remained high since the release of the full version of PS2. As some players may recall Miller was one of the servers used for the Beta version of PS2. Needless to say the server could not handle the amount of players on the full release of the game and the server performance was sub par. This has also been resolved and the playing experience in Miller has been drastically improved.

As for the faction composition, the NC on Miller at any given time account for 30-38% of the total server population. Compared to 20-25% on the full release of PS2. In other words the NC are no longer vastly outnumbered.

I urge members of the CKS community to return to Planetside 2 as the game experience is far more enjoyable than what may have been previously endured. For anyone that has considered playing PS2, I ask that you give it a try. The game is 100% free to play and can be downloaded via Steam or directly from SOE (link at end of post).

I am currently attempting to recruit new members in-game and re-spark the CKS footprint in-game. This is not possible without your help and presence in-game. Help make CKS more visible and let's add some new blood to the community.

The application form for PS2 has been made active, so drop in an application or PM me with any interest so that we can get you added to the outfit. Also if anyone that you know may be interested in PS2 please direct them to the "join us" section of the website.

As a final reminder we play in Miller as the New Conglomerate.

Planetside 2 Website <-- Click Here

Cheers.

Aelfathi

Last edited by Aelfathi on Wed Mar 06, 2013 8:57 pm; edited 3 times in total
Nimye
Warlord

denmark.png

No icon Re: CKS Planetside Outfit Needs New Members!!! Posted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 7:28 am Reply with quote

Wow excellent post Aelfathi! Nice work

I've been talking yesterday with some of the more longtime members of CKS about which free multiplayer game I could try out in order to experience gaming with some of em, and they Mentioned Planetside 2, which my bf also happen to be a avid player of, so I have already contemplated trying it out.

So despite usually having a rule that I WONT play FPS games, due to totally sucking and not enjoying it, I decided to atleast give it a try, and just downloaded and installed the game :)

So as long as you don't mind having a ultra-newbie on your team, you can sign me up. I think of going for the Engineer class so my way of contributing to the team can be repairing stuff, and not solely having to fruitlessly try to shoot people, since I have shitty aim.

Let me know when you plan to have a Planetside gaming evening, and as long as it doesn't clash with SWTOR events, I'll try to be there.
Especially if someone can give a bit of introduction to what to do on the current map, to the people who generally really struggle in FPS games.

I REALLY hope there is a single player tutorial part, lol, like there is in Tribes Ascend or I'm going to be totally clueless.

Also I can't promise to ALWAYS play on The New Conglomerate faction tho, since my bf plays on the Vanu Soverignty and I might game with him once in a while. Is it possible to shift back and forth between factions? Or simply have two characters, one on each faction, when you only intend to play as a super casual player with the standard gear?

warm regards
Nimye

//Nimye internet admin for CKS SWTOR

SWTOR Char: Nimye, L55 Sage healer

+ all other characters starting with "Nim"

Aelfathi
Enforcer

canada.png

No icon Re: CKS Planetside Outfit Needs New Members!!! Posted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 10:38 am Reply with quote

You can have more then one character on any server, or multiple characters on the same server. Even in different factions!

We can get you set up with the outfit at any time. Just let me know when you have made your character.

As for being "bad" at FPS, don't worry about it. Some if the better players, are good because they are good at playing medics and engineers, or they turn out to be amazing pilots.
Warlord

denmark.png

No icon Re: CKS Planetside Outfit Needs New Members!!! Posted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 10:54 am Reply with quote

Nice and that's a deal Aelfathi!

I am very slow at learning new stuff that doesn't come natural to me, but when I first have learned one thing, I'm very persistent, proficient and dedicated to keep doing that same thing again and again, until I do it decently. In this case probably running around with a little repairgun reparing our turrets/generators and setting up mines at the same strategic place Razz

Loui5D
Lieutenant

uk.png

No icon Re: CKS Planetside Outfit Needs New Members!!! Posted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 9:52 pm Reply with quote

I think i did a post somewhere on the PS2 recruiting forums, link should be in the PS2 section.
Noobkilla
Community Leader
Platinum Donator
Platinum Donator

votes: 1
england.png

No icon Re: CKS Planetside Outfit Needs New Members!!! Posted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 9:58 pm Reply with quote

Awesome post Aelfathi and it would be great to see Planetside 2 becoming a more active part of the community for new and existing members. I played Planetside one years ago and it was an awesome team based game with epic battles on a scale never seen before. Planetside 2 definitely takes it to the next level! Smile
I shall be playing this game more often and would look forward to seeing more active members here !

Shoot to kill or I will make you wish you had.
SWTOR - Wikii
BF3 - n0obkilla
WoW - Killapriest
Loui5D
Lieutenant

uk.png

No icon Re: CKS Planetside Outfit Needs New Members!!! Posted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 9:52 am Reply with quote

bit of a bump,

I am constantly seeing that i am the only outfit member online and recruiting hasn't really picked up that well; also negative do sort the permissions out please.

And i'm online for at least 2 hours on weeknights and probably most of the weekend.
Rawlers

denmark.png

No icon Re: CKS Planetside Outfit Needs New Members!!! Posted: Tue Jun 04, 2013 4:59 pm Reply with quote

I'm still playing once in a while. I would like to join you guys and get some planetside started!
40+ Rawlérs-HEAL-Sage
10+ Ráwlers-TANK-Guardian
Nimye
Warlord

denmark.png

No icon Re: CKS Planetside Outfit Needs New Members!!! Posted: Mon Jul 01, 2013 11:29 am Reply with quote

Could we have a scheduled Planetside evening sometime?

I try to play a bit once in a while, just to get my NS character geared up a bit up so she compares with my VS char.

But it ain't really much fun gaming all alone. I need to have some friends I can stalk and heal or repair like crazy  Laughing

Loui5D
Lieutenant

uk.png

No icon Re: CKS Planetside Outfit Needs New Members!!! Posted: Mon Jul 01, 2013 5:30 pm Reply with quote

Nimye wrote (View Post):
Could we have a scheduled Planetside evening sometime?

I try to play a bit once in a while, just to get my NS character geared up a bit up so she compares with my VS char.

But it ain't really much fun gaming all alone. I need to have some friends I can stalk and heal or repair like crazy  Laughing

Agreed, if we get a few people who'd like to play i could organise us playing during an NCTO (NC treaty organisation) OP.
Nimye
Warlord

denmark.png

No icon Re: CKS Planetside Outfit Needs New Members!!! Posted: Sun Jul 21, 2013 12:41 pm Reply with quote

Come on slackers. Get your lazy arses on Planetside!!  Laughing

We can't have that my VS character outlevels my NC, due to lack of Company on NC side  Rolling Eyes

Loui5D
Lieutenant

uk.png

No icon Re: CKS Planetside Outfit Needs New Members!!! Posted: Thu Jul 25, 2013 9:07 am Reply with quote

Nimye wrote (View Post):
Come on slackers. Get your lazy arses on Planetside!!  Laughing

We can't have that my VS character outlevels my NC, due to lack of Company on NC side  Rolling Eyes

Ahem, you have "Total Time Played 78h 7m" on your VS char, i have "Time Used 80h 17m" in just the Reaver on my NC and 19 days and 5 hours overall.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CKS-Gaming Forum Index -> [PS2] Planetside 2 Time synchronized with your computer time

printer-friendly view
Jump to: